Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Android Phone To Take?

• Please log in to reply

Gomanton

Gomanton

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, folks, I'm going to pick up an Android phone, and actually, it would be my first smartphone. As I'm not savvy in this specific field, I would like hear your guys advices. So, what's the best deal for Android phone? Thanks any help in advance.

Advertisements

Hellknight

Hellknight

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi Gomanton.

There's a lot of Android phones available these days.
What are you planning to use it for (besides calling of course :))? Does the phone need to have a good camera, do you prefer a physical keyboard, or use the touchscreen for typing?
Some more info can help us give you a better answer

derek1024

derek1024

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi, everyone!

I'm planning on getting a phone too so I've been doing some research.

So far, I found out that the new Samsumg android phones are very good with a fast processor, decent camera quality, and formidable video quality. The only possible problem that you may face is the fact that Samsung is undergoing a war of patents with Apple regarding their new phone (Samsung Galaxy S) being similar to the iPhone (but I won't go on about the patent war :)). I'm unfortunately not a phone expert so I can only provide a few links to review sites you can visit so you can decide you want.

http://reviews.cnet....android-phones/

http://www.gsmarena.com/

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews

I hope this helps you find the phone that you want! :unsure:

Gomanton

Gomanton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks a lot, guys. Actually, I don't know Android phone too much, and I think my main uses would be phone call, text message and browsing online. Well, after I done some research homework, I find that peers talk a lot about Android phone and seems good Android phone can do most jobs like computer.(Amazing!) Peers also mention a lot about Android tablet,and Android tablet is almost a real mini PC,isn't it? Oh, I want to have both!(Sorry,I posted another thread about tablet in impulse. If it's not inappropriate, mods please delete that thread.)
OK, after some research homework, I found that I have no idea about many functions of Android phone. :) So, should I still go to pick one? Or, just pick a cheap one to experience what it is? Then I went to ebay, and found a couple, http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories Most phones look like beautiful, but not sure which one to go with. Also looked on Google, come across the following site claiming to offer cheap android tablet, http://www.shopsimpl...da_c070617.html But found all are from china, what's that mean? So, which one should I pick up? Thanks.

Edited by Gomanton, 14 October 2011 - 07:51 PM.

Gomanton

Gomanton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Probably I will go to pick up a little cheaper Android phone first and experience the Android OS by myself. Then, after a while, I'm going to take a tablet. As some peers mentioned that there would be a couple real tablets out in coming months. Waiting for a moment to get better choice. Hopefully. :)

Mrozzy123

Mrozzy123

• Pip
  • 4 posts
All android phones i have seemed to come across have been faulty i have just added a new post regarding my samsung galaxy W which has stopped working once i tried updateing my android firmware and i am in urgent need of help. Wouldnt recommend to anyone :(

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hi Everyone, you can get the Samsung Galaxy SII, or wait for the new Galaxy SIII because it will be awsomely packed with new features:

- A 4G network
- 720 x 1280 pixels. 4.6 Inches Display (Super AMOLED)
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 32GB Storage Memory
- GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA
- Version 3.0 + HS Bluetooth
- 12 Megapixel Camera 4000 x 3000 pixels, focus, LED Flash
- Video recording @ 30FPS, 1080P
- 2MP Secondary camera
- Android OS
- Exynos 4212 Chipset
- Dual Core 1.8GHz Processor
- 2GB RAM
- Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- GPS

MrGeek

MrGeek

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, folks, I'm going to pick up an Android phone, and actually, it would be my first smartphone. As I'm not savvy in this specific field, I would like hear your guys advices. So, what's the best deal for Android phone? Thanks any help in advance.

Considering this thread is almost 6 months old, I'm going to assume that you already found the phone you were looking for. But, just in case anybody else is in your predicament, I'd just like to add that my wife has had a G2 and G2x, and she loved both of them. The only thing about the G2x that she didn't like, is that it didn't have a slide-out keyboard like the G2 did. Our provider is T-Mobile, and we got ours on a pretty good deal.. but this was a few months back, so all of that would've changed by now.

~MrGeek.

Samantha Lee

Samantha Lee

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'm a big fan of Samsung phones (with the Android OS.) Samsung recently came out with the Samsung Galaxy Rugby (http://www.samsung.c.../GT-S5690KOMBMC ) It is a smartphone and a little more rugged for those of us who are a little clumsy and/or work or play in rough climates. I'm also drooling over the Samsung Galaxy Note, which is more of a 'toy' in my opinion, but I still want it so bad.

My best advice is to look at the phones your cell phone provider offers and do some research from there on the phones that are available. I'd recommend researching and go for a phone that has what you want rather than settling for a 'cheaper phone' because you're not sure. In most cases, you'll be signing a 3yr contract for that phone, so you'd better like it.

jessicalennita

jessicalennita

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I prefer samsung galaxy sIII as it is the latest phone with the smart applications. It is an ultimate device with the new version of android and the larger screen with the AMOLED display.It can capture the great pics as it has the excellent picture quality. So i suggest you to take the galaxy s3 and hope it works well.

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
I am gonna get a Sony Ericsson Xperia S.It's good one have.

smith.R.jhon

smith.R.jhon

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
i think samsung has lots of variety in android set. you can pick anyone as you like. if you have a big budget then you should try galaxy s3 because it the latest one.