Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe-system error an invalid parameter was passed to a service or

• Please log in to reply

valpal44

valpal44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok i did a full NTFS format got through the clean installation but now i cant figure out where my stupid(well not stupid actually important)product key is...i really am starting to hate my laptop..is there anything i can do? thank you wso much for y9our help

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
There should be a COA sticker with your key on the bottom of the laptop.

valpal44

valpal44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
there is but the sticker is worn from it getting hot or being rubbed from moving it..i cant make out the whole thing

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
How were you setting it up before...when you started this thread?

mamav

mamav

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hate to hijack this thread but I am having a similar issue and have tried following these steps. I am attempting a repair to my XP OS but continue to get the lsass.exe system error. I try to run the chkdsk but am also asked for admin password, though I do not recall setting one up for my pc (bought new in January 2007). I went into my boot menu and did a hard disk diagnostic, though this may not be same thing. At this point, when the pc reboots, it goes straight to restarting setup, then the lsass.exe error comes again.

Do I just need to do a complete reinstall of the OS?

Update: Got to recovery console but now i get msg that sys reg does not appear to have an active controlset key. the sys reg may be damaged. Followed by a msg about using last known good config or repair and recovery.

Thanks,
Tina

Edited by mamav, 19 September 2011 - 02:51 PM.