Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan:WIn32/Ramnit.A and B

• Please log in to reply

pri91

pri91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hiya

I keep getting messages about a potential threat on my laptop which were; Trojan:WIn32/Ramnit.A and Trojan:WIn32/Ramnit.B

Everytime I did a clicked on a link in google or any search engine I was redirected to another website. As I ran a number of scans using Microsoft Security Essentials I was unable get rid of the trojan, therefore I restored my laptop to its orginial factory settings using the repair disc I first made, and having used Internet explorer I am able to use the search engines but still getting messages about the potential threats as well as my Internet explorer countinuosly not responding after a few minutes so I am using Firefox at the moment. Im not sure what else to do.

Thanks, Pri

Advertisements