Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacing my CPU in my laptop and need help finding one.

• Please log in to reply

Dazeh

Dazeh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey there,

I have decided to replace my CPU within my laptop to something a little more beefier. I have an advent Roma 2001. It's not the best laptop in the world. But it does the job. The processor is:

Intel Celeron Dual Core T3100

I'm not sure were I could look to find a better one. Im not that great at knowing which is a good processor and which is not. If someone could maybe point me in the right direction that would be great.

If you need anymore information let me know and I shall try my best to supply it.

Thanks Dazeh

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Laptops are not like desktops. It is not as simple as opening the case and lifting a lever to unlock the cpu. Most likely it is soldered in place and would need a shop to desolder it and replace it. In most instances it is cheaper to replace the laptop all together.

Dazeh

Dazeh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your reply.

I checked and the processor can be lifted out.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
it is a socket 775 motherboard so the first thing is to find a suitable replacement.
Your present cpu seems to be Intel Pentium Dual-Core T3100 1.9Ghz
I would suggest contacting Advent HERE and ask them specifically what CPU's are compatible and what you can upgrade to.