Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mousepad Buttons aren't working

• Please log in to reply

st0neybal0ney

st0neybal0ney

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I REALLY need help with my touchpad buttons.
Earlier today my touchpad buttons were working perfectly fine. And then all of a sudden they stopped working.
My keyboard is still working and the actual touchpad and cursor are working fine. It's just the buttons.
I've checked to see if they were disabled. and they were enabled and it said that it was working fine. I've tried disabling it and enabling it again but it still doesn't work.

Can you please help me?

Ps. My laptop is a Dell Studio 1558.

Advertisements

st0neybal0ney

st0neybal0ney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can you guys please help me. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would help me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this first
Control Panel > Mouse > Check to see if "Disable touchpad/stick when usb pointing device is present" is checked. If so uncheck it.
Let me know if it works.
Also please be patient because we are not all here all the time. :)

st0neybal0ney

st0neybal0ney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It still doesn't work. :[

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Suggestion I found from Dell support says take out battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. After restoring the battery and turning on laptop the problem had been solved. You might want to give this a try. Though I am afraid the problem might come back.
If it does you may have to contact Dell and have them take a look at the laptop.