Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer died after installing service pack2

• Please log in to reply

jcprice

jcprice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A while ago my computer stopped working and I could only use it on safe mode. Everytime it would start up normally it would just show a blue screen. Well I followed the new user thing on this website and ran all of the programs to get rid of the spyware etc. Well after doing that my computer went back to normal. However, it then told me I should update to the service pack2. I did that and restarted my computer. However, when I restarted my computer, I only got my desktop screen. There was no start menu and the internet did not work. I tried to start in safe mode, but the problem is there too. No start menu and no connection to the internet. So I thought I would try to take off the service pack 2 as my computer was wroking normally before that was updated. After waiting 3 hours for it to be removed my computer said it could not remove the program. Now when I restart my computer I get the blue screen and it states either:

No more irp stack locations or
bad pool caller

I tried to fix the windows xp by following the pinned link( inserting the windows xp cd and following the screens) but now when it restarts to continue loading windows my computer shuts down to the blue screen after a few minutes and says bad pool caller.

Im assuming my computer is really broken and nothing can be done or I have to take it in somewhere to get it looked at, but i thought I would see if anyone has any advice. Thanks!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here, look down the page for Windows Installation CD Repair current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm