Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Tech Query

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Respected Sir,
With due respect I am a student and want to purchase a laptop for programming and other assignments .I want to install programming languages like c,c++,c#,Java,Oracle,Visual Basic,Matlab on my laptop.I want to which bit of laptop is compatible with these languages 32 bit or 64 bit and which windows operating system is compatible with these languages windows xp professional service pack 2 ,windows 7 home basic,home premium,ultimate and which office software is comatible.I need a laptop for email,social networking,photo sharing,mobility ,portability,media playback,photo,video,music creation,gaming,office work and programming with longest battery life (approx 3 to 6 hours)My configuration is corei7 processor,4 gb ram,640 gb hard disk,intergrated graphics card with own memory,wifi,buletooth,usb ports,dvd writer,genuine windows and web cam2.3 with latest anitvirus one year subcription.My Budget is 30,000 to 40,000.kindly Reply soon.Thanking You

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,732 posts
Hi AmritBirSingh :)
You have told us what your laptop specifications need to be but can you let us know what currency we are working with!

My Budget is 30,000 to 40,000

We need to be able to convert your budget into US dollars for example so we know what the equivalent is http://coinmill.com/INR_USD.html

EDIT: An example of what may be available for you http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834157844 it would benefit from a Ram upgrade to 8GB of Ram to get the full benefit of the 64-bit operating system (Windows 7) also don`t worry about having to pay for AV protection there are excellent free options available;

Edited by phillpower2, 01 September 2011 - 02:53 PM.