Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I think I need to write a Batch File

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Ok, what I'm trying to do is this.

All of my music (154GB) lives on my D Drive.

There's not enough room on my C drive to migrate it over, and upgrading at this point in time is not an option

I want to be able to access the music files from my laptop (running Windows 7) and I've set up the required network connections and can "see" from the Laptop, the shared folder on the desktop

Creating a short cut for a music file and dragging this to the shared folder makes the shortcut visible on the laptop, and clicking it triggers the song.

So far so good.

I need some way to automatically create a shortcut for eveyr sinlge music file, and copy/drag the shortcut to the shared folder.

I'm reasonably skiiled in DOS & Visual Basic, but I'm having trouble deciding the best course of action.

I hope this is posted in the correct forum, if not, please let me know and I'll move it.

Jonesey

Advertisements

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Actually, forget about this.

I've found out that by simply creating a shortcut to existing WMP Playlists, then moving these to the SharedDocs folder, they are instantly available on the laptop.