Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to donate?

• Please log in to reply

iolande

iolande

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi all

I got great help and advice from Ron on the Malware forum recently. Would like to donate to help keep the site going, but can't seem to see a link anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks

Advertisements

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
I am no Staff Member and have no authority here...
I did have the same question as you a while back, so here's what I learned in the meantime:

GeeksToGo!tm is self-supporting, so Mr. admin decided helpers can have their own PayPal / donation links, but I noticed RKinner has not.

This leaves you with 3 options:
  • Say a very nice "thank you" on the forum and by PM.
  • Press the little green button under the post RKinner has helped you, this will give him the credit he so much deserves...
  • Tell all people how great GeeksToGo!tm actually is :yes:

(All 3 options will be appreciated :unsure: )

Thank you for your kindness, it motivates me even more to learn! :)

iolande

iolande

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
thanks for the information. I am following your suggestions! :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We never solicit donations, although we do allow staff members to have donation links in their signature. However, if you would like to donate to the site, there is a link here. Obviously, donations are up to you , as our site is dedicated to free computer support. Thanks for visiting Geeks to Go!, and I'm glad we were able to help you. :)

sari

iolande

iolande

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Thank-you. Ron suggested a great way of saying thank-you, which I have done.

It's great that you are free. As a PhD student my computer is very precious to me as I work on it all day. I do have multiple lines of back-up (call me paranoid) but losing the actual computer would put me in a spin. To have had such great speedy help was amazing after a week of low performance.

Hopefully I won't be in this predicament again, but if I am I will be straight back here!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
And as a PhD student, your funds are probably limited. :) Good luck with your studies. Believe me, thanks go a long way when you're volunteering your time, so I'm sure your helper is very appreciative that you took the time to do so. Our satisfaction comes from helping, so when we get a thanks, it makes it that much nicer.