Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal error 2711.WME?

• Please log in to reply

saraface

saraface

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
so i'm trying to get all of my drivers back after a complete cleaning out of my hard drive and reinstalling windows and i've gotten to my camera software.

i use a Logitech Clicksmart 420. I went to Logitech.com and downloaded the software for the camera and I installed it successfully once. I noticed the camera wasn't working and went looking for the driver. I didn't find it so I decided to reinstall the software under the "custom" option and I made sure the driver was included. It was and I continued to install but this time around, I got an error saying "Internal error 2711. WME" ;)
this happens just as the installer is starting. I don't know what I did or how to fix it but it's really starting to get on my nerves. please :tazz:

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi saraface and welcome to Geeks to Go

I know this is not much help, but I found several users on others forums with the same problem. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling, see Logitech User Forums . But I believe what you should do is contact Logitech with your problem, even is this advice solves the problem, they need to know it is a problem and how common a problem it is. User feedback is important!

If the error message is Internal Error 2711.0, the error is happening because of an incorrect setting in the installation. This can only be changed by your software vendor. You should contact your software vendor

See Internal Error 2711.

This error occurs for the following reasons:

1. The script file setup was modified incorrectly.
  2. The feature has been corrupted.
  3. The Feature table is missing entries.
  4. The ADDLOCAL property is being manually set via InstallScript or a custom action.
  5. The REINSTALL property is being set manually and contains the name of an invalid feature.

See http://support.insta...ticleid=q107266

Edited by StarHawk, 31 May 2005 - 06:34 PM.

Annelies

Annelies

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello dear!

I have exactly the same problem. I haven't found a solution yet. I will inform you if I found it.
Keep in touch! :tazz:

so i'm trying to get all of my drivers back after a complete cleaning out of my hard drive and reinstalling windows and i've gotten to my camera software.

i use a Logitech Clicksmart 420.  I went to Logitech.com and downloaded the software for the camera and I installed it successfully once.  I noticed the camera wasn't working and went looking for the driver.  I didn't find it so I decided to reinstall the software under the "custom" option and I made sure the driver was included.  It was and I continued to install but this time around, I got an error saying "Internal error 2711. WME"  ;)
this happens just as the insta
ller is starting.  I don't know what I did or how to fix it but it's really starting to get on my nerves.  please  ;)

View Post

Annelies

Annelies

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello dear!

I have exactly the same problem. I haven't found a solution yet. I will inform you if I found it.
Keep in touch! :tazz:

i use a Logitech Clicksmart 420.  I went to Logitech.com and downloaded the software for the camera and I installed it successfully once.  I noticed the camera wasn't working and went looking for the driver.  I didn't find it so I decided to reinstall the software under the "custom" option and I made sure the driver was included.  It was and I continued to install but this time around, I got an error saying "Internal error 2711. WME"  ;)
this happens just as the installer is starting.  I don't know what I did or how to fix it but it's really starting to get on my nerves.  please  ;)

View Post

Annelies

Annelies

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Follow this link

http://logitech-en-e...li=&p_topview=1

Haven't tried it yet but it comes from Logitech's home page

Good luck

this happens just as the installer is starting.  I don't know what I did or how to fix it but it's really starting to get on my nerves.  please  :tazz:

View Post