Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

create trigger - update time on internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Christopher A Giehler

Christopher A Giehler

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to figure out a solution to this for months...

Tried to solder a new mobo battery on and was unsuccessful a long time go and lost the wire into the mobo(should of glued it!!). The main battery dies after about 10 minutes. This laptop i guess would be a beater laptop, if referring to a car (not interested in putting any $ into it).

So, when power goes off my time goes to 2007. I update it manually every time i go online. Is there any way to make a small script or command to make it update when it connects to the net. As i mentioned, i have been searching on and off for a solution for over a year actually. Cannot find a way to do it in task scheduler or find any kind of script to do this. I am no writer by any means but am usually good to figure things out...

Thanks you for reading this. Sorry if it is not in the correct forum.

Laptop is running win 7 32bit

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You might check out, Dimension4 (D4). I used it for years on all my XP systems.