Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant install service packs windows xp pro

• Please log in to reply

medic13

medic13

• Pip
  • 8 posts
ok everytinme I try to install windows service pack 2 AND HOPEFULLY THREE , i get errior part way through says corupt I have down loaded twice even formatted reinstalled from cd which has service pack 1 CANNOT GET IT TO INSTALL . GOT OFFICE 2003 TO INSTALL ANY IDEAS OR HELP . DAM CAP LOCKS sorry
the computer runs fine with service pack one of course that intranet exploror 6 wont up grade till you get service pack 2 installed .

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
My first thought on this, is that certain updates must be installed before SP3 can be installed.
If you are trying to download and install the Service Pack from a direct download go Windows Update and try from there accepting the updates offered.
There are other possible causes but try that first please.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
medic13
It is now 14 days since you asked for help and I responded.
Please reply indicating how you have progressed and is the problem solved.
Please do not just leave the isuue unrepsonded to.