Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pin Call Outs

• Please log in to reply

carefreepastor

carefreepastor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Need to know the Button Board pin names on Athalon mobo on Compaq Presario 5875. Using old case with new ABIT AV8 mobo. 7 pin connector from Compaq Presario on/off switch on front of case vastly different from ABIT mobo on/off pins labelled FPI01. Manual download from Compaq had no information. Give pin names from original Athalon mobo from top to bottom using CMOS battery to left of pin as reference point.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If you have the old compaq case with the front panel connector, can't you just trace each of the wires back to the case's front panel to see which ones connect to the LEDs, power switch, reset etc?

carefreepastor

carefreepastor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Good idea. Thanks. Now, I'll have to see if I can figure it out. I have so little experience in this kind of thing but love to learn.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Its not hard, just pop the front off of the case to get better access. The switches & LEDs etc should all have 2 wires each (often one white or black wire plus a coloured one). Although being a compaq, I wouldn't bet on it either!