Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows MP not recognizing Blue Ray

• Please log in to reply

MikeS71

MikeS71

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have a new build with a Lite-On Blue Ray player, it has been fine playing CD/DVD but I tried a Blu-Ray and it does not recognize. I realized I had not installed "Cyberlink BD Solution" so I tried to do so- I am unable to install it! When I try to install it (BD Solution v6) I get an install shield error 1628: failed to install...

Can anyone help with getting this thing to work? Is there something I need to do to get the software to install or is there another codec I could use to get MP to recognize Blu-Ray disks?

Running Windows 7 64bit

Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not clear as to which cyberlink product you are needing help with. you may receive better assistance from their forums:
http://forum.cyberli...orums/list.page