. I'm Michael and I'm going to help you fix your computer Note:
Before we start the process you should:
- POST your logs, don't attach them, as it makes it harder to read. Also please don't edit any log in any case
- Disable ANY programs that offer real-time protection features while executing my instructions. That includes your antivirus, antispyware, windows defender or any other program that offers protection. When you're clean or waiting for my next set of instructions, re-enable them .If you need any help disabling them, ask.
- Topics that are idle for 4 days after I post instructions will be closed, unless I'm notified of the delay.
- Last, as most of the tools we use here need administrative rights in order to function properly, I expect that you will be running them from an administrator account.
You said that safe mode with command prompt works right? If yes, do this:
- Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your USB from a clean computer
- Download OTL to your USB from a clean computer
- Copy the following and paste them in a notepad file. Save it in your USB named scan.txt:
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
- Boot into safe mode with command prompt with the infected computer, having the USB with the tools inserted
- Log in to your account.
- When the command prompt appears, type:
- Click Yes to the pop up and you should see your Desktop
- Open my computer and go to the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUsername]\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\
- There you should see some logs, named like this
- Copy the most recent one to your USB. I want the log scan that rendered your computer unbootable.
- Post the log in your next reply.
While still in safe mode, move OTL.exe and aswMBR.exe to your Desktop from the USB.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your USB and post it in your next replyAlso in Desktop there should be a file called MBR.dat after that, zip it and then attach it here Next: OTL Custom Scan
- Double click on the icon to run it.
- Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Stadard output is selected.
- Select Scan all users
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box copy and paste the contents of scan.txt you have in your USB
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open OTL.Txt and Extras.txt in Notepad window.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) save these files n your USB and post them with your next reply.
Post back with the MBAM, aswMBR, OTL.txt and Extras.txt logs, or tell me if anything unexpected occurred