Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will my Motherboard run this Graphic Card?

• Please log in to reply

Redman22

Redman22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone!
I just registered here for some PC specific help since I'm not really good in the hardware aspect of Computers

My Question is will my Foxconn Flaming Blade GTI Motherboard be able to run the Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 Graphic Card?

Here's are link with some details on the Motherboard if your not fimiliar with it http://www.pcpro.co....aming-blade-gti

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Redman22 :)
Yes the card is compatible with the MB but there are other factors that you need to consider and two very important ones are is your PSU (power supply unit) compatible, one particular brand of this card requires a PSU with a minimum of 600W output and a 6 pin pci-e connection from the PSU, the other and this is only one example you must have a minimum of 2GB of Ram.
Can you post as many of your system details as possible so that we can check them out for you, this includes the size of your case micro tower, mini tower etc this is to make sure that you have enough room inside the case.

Redman22

Redman22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, here are the rest of my specs:

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory:
4096MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1000 GB
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

About the Power Supply Unit, is there a way to check it without opening the Computer?
Also, the case micro tower and mini tower what is that exactly? (sorry im kind of a newbie in that kind of stuff lol)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the specs, there are no compatibility issues which is good, unfortunately there is no other way to find the PSU details without removing the side of the case unless of course you purchased the system from a supplier that has a website where the full specifications can be found.
Some information about the different types and sizes of PC case, its basic but you will get the idea; http://en.wikipedia....i/Computer_case
To find the PSU details you must first shut down and disconnect any cables from the PC, remove the side, if you need to reach inside first take anti static precautions by touching a bare metal part of the case, write down the PSU details brand and model name or number and the power output, carefully reassemble your system and then post your findings here, let us know if we can assist with any of the above.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You should only need to disconnect the Power Cable and take the side off, also there should be no need to touch anything inside.

Looking for something like this:

Posted Image