Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Samsung P2770 Monitor Not Working-Video Card?

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Recently obtained a Samsung P2770 monitor but when I connect it to the 'monitor connection' of my CPU there is no display.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron Desktop 545MT, 64 bit, video adapter: Intel® G31/G33 Express Chipset Family (Intel® GMA 3100) .... info from Dev Mgr.

The monitor gets power (at least power and 'menu'/'2 screen adjusts'/'chg'/'auto' lights are on) and the screen is a lighter black (light grey but not white) and a small box in upper left displays 'HDMI' then 'ANALOG' then 'DIGITAL' - alternating ... but I can't get anything else.

Do I need a different video card? What's there came installed.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
And other monitors work fine?

911pchelp

911pchelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
YES - have an ACER P221 that works fine.

Interested in the 27" because can only 'see' using one eye (Apraxia of Eyelid closing in both eyes - left eye closed all the time - plus double vision if force left eyelid open)

911pchelp

911pchelp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Totally embarrassed

Problem was fixed by installing a new driver for the monitor.

In my defense - previous monitors did not have to have a different driver ... but this is a 'TFT' monitor - different than the one I had.

Bottom-line - this thread/topic is resolved ... thank y'all for the attention/suggestions.