Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bluetooth headphones don't work

• Please log in to reply

Bkirrane

Bkirrane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently bought a Subjekt PSL-9400 bluetooth headset and I am trying to use it on my HP Pavilion dm4 laptop, however I can’t get it to work. It works find on my Ipad.

When my computer starts I get the message: Error: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service. The message repeats about every 15 minutes. The PSL-9400 icon shows up on Device and Printers. When I go to Sounds in the Control Panel I see the icon for Bluetooth Handfree Hands free audio disconnected and there is an option to connect when I right click on it. However when I click on “connect” nothing happens.

In the Services section of the System Configuration page the following are checked: Bluetooth Service and Bluetooth Support Service. In the Startup section Bluetooth Software is checked.

I tried downloading the latest drivers from HP and Broadcom. Nothing has worked.
Please help.

Advertisements

HeadsetsDirect

HeadsetsDirect

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To the best of my knowledge, different Bluetooth profiles exist for mobile phones and computers. Computers have bluetooth technology for sharing data. Mobile phones have bluetooth technology for communicating voice. Both are 'Bluetooth' but are not able to connect as you would think.

For your Subjekt PSL-9400 the specs read:

Bluetooth Profiles: Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP and AVRCP

So, with the Subjekt PSL-9400 you can only use to pair with a mobile phone and a computer is simply not compatible. To solve your issue, a different headset like the Plantronics Voyager Pro B230 will pair to your mobile phone and also comes with a USB dongle that plugs into your PC for computer use. One headset to connect to two devices, via voice and data.

I hope this helps.

-Wayne from Headsets Direct

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
wrong post sorry

Edited by Alzeimer, 09 November 2012 - 06:52 AM.