Windows 7 computer slower than a snail on a hot day
Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:49 PM
Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:51 PM
My nick is maliprog and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
We must do check disk ...
- Go to Start -> My Computer
- Right click on C: disk and clik on Properties
- Click on tab Tools and click on Check now... button
- Check Automatically fix system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
- Click Start button
- Confirm schedule disk check next time computer starts with Yes button
- Restart your system and wait while system checks your disk for errors
We need to remove AVG from your system because it's out of date . Please download AVG Remover and run it in order to remove AVG. A
You can install new version later but now we will use AVAST
Let's install the free Avast:
Once you have it installed and it has updated, right click on it and select Open Avast! User Interface then click on Scan Computer, then on
Boot-Time Scan then Schedule Now. Reboot and let it run a scan. It will take many hours (like overnight) and unfortunately you may need to check back with it once in a while to see if it needs an input from you. If the scan hangs that may indicate a hardware problem.
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- Does AVAST found anything and was it able to remove it?
- Update on how is your system now
Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:11 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users