Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2

• Please log in to reply

Volstate

Volstate

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Is anyone getting freezing or stalls using this browser? It only lasts a few seconds but is quite annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,960 posts
Hi Volstate,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I just updated to Firefox 6.0.2 and no issues yet.

Try some of the troubleshooting techniques in the following link, especially clearing your cache and cookies and also Step #4.

Basic Troubleshooting for Firefox

Let me know what works for you, if any.

Donna :)

Volstate

Volstate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I figured out what was causing the intermittent freezing. If you have an add on or extension called Browsing Protection 1.10 (F-Secure) that is your culprit. Disable it and it should fix it. It's not compatible with 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 and it's not recognizing that it's not by Mozilla. Very buggy...

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 5,960 posts
Great! I'm glad you got it sorted. Thanks for letting us know.

These rapid releases on Firefox here lately are nonsense! There are so many incompatibility issues to be dealt with. :unsure:

Happy surfing! :)