Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GTX 590 Bottleneck question

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
My system specs are listed below.

My question is will I run into bottlenecks running my current processor and motherboard? I plan to upgrade my video card now, and next year upgrading my pc when then eight core amd processors come out.

Or can anyone direct me to a thread discussing bottlenecks for this graphics card?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Faoeoa

Faoeoa

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Infact, 8 cores are coming in 10 days from AMD, stay tuned, first load though, so give it a while or you might get the problem of the very first sandy bridge recall.

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
thanks! I'm excited. I usually wait atleast 6 months for the initial price to go down and supply to go up. Made a mistake in getting dual core and paid twice as much than what I paid for my quad core. Any info on bottlenecks for HD6990 or GTX 590 with quad core?