Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell laptop with a death wish

• Please log in to reply

Laptop Killer

Laptop Killer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

basically i have a misbehaving dell inspiron 1750, bout 2 yr old maybe.
after watching it freeze as and whenever it felt like i decided to bite the bullet and restore to factory settings. this it turns out hasn't helped as it is still doing it. it seems to start up fine, then gives me approx 5-10 mins to do as i please pain free then dies. i can still move the mouse cursor but cannot click anything or enter task manager and end up having to turn off and start again, with the same results. safe to say im on a diff laptop doing this to prevent me going mental.
the freezing gradually increased before i chose to use system restore and when it was freezing less frequently it was usually when my anti virus decided to download updates. as if this was too much work for the memory or something? (i'm clueless btw). i've had a friend that worked at pc world round for a bit look at it. he looked at the ram see if it was seated properly which it was. another friend said that the fact i could still move mouse suggested not a hd failure? the only other info i think i can give is that for some time ive been getting msgs that my battery can charge as normal but is reaching the end of its life (poor thing) but the machine freezes regardless whether i have it in or out and plugged in. my mate has also said all looked fine as he rummaged round 'computer' etc too so tbh i'm at the point where mr laptop has an arranged date with a hammer if u kind folk cannot help me.

thanks for listening and i hope i haven't caused to much upset by posting in introductions or with my lazy lack of capital letters and grammar.

cheers

shaun

Advertisements