Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 7 does not recognize my HDD and SSD at the same time

• Please log in to reply

Mastas

Mastas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I just put together my first build, and when I booted into the bios for the first time my SSD was not in the boot priorities. So I checked the boot menu and there it was. PI: Corsair Geforce GT. So my friend told me on his asus mobo he had to unplug the HDD and than restart and the ssd would be in the boot priorities and there it was. So I installed w7 to my ssd downloaded the drivers to the ssd and than when i plugged the hhd back in, only the ssd gets found by not only the boot priorities but in my computer only the ssd shows up. The hdd is still in the bios under boot menu but thats the only place where it gets recognized. Any reason as to why it only recognizes one drive at a time? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Advertisements