Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Home LAN connection

• Please log in to reply

Kallamadia

Kallamadia

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm having a problem deleting my LAN connection information. I'm operating XPw/ service pack 2. I go to:
Network Conections..
and then I click on my LAN connection..
I hit the delete key on my keyboard and it says:
"The connection you have selected can not be deleted"
Is there a way I can get around this and get rid of this connection?

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
If there's only 1 connection the only thing you can do is disable the Network Card that is corresponding to that connection. Why do you want to delete it so bad?

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
jhonny you are right MAN .

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I don't understand why you want to completely remove your LAN connection but:

If you go to your device manager, and right-click on the Network Adapter that you want to remove, you should have an un-install option. Click it. Once it removes it, shut down the computer and open the case. Remove the network card from the machine. That is the only other way than disabling it as Jonny has suggested.
If the network card is an onboard NIC, you should be able to completely disable it from the BIOS. Depending on the BIOS manufacturer, you will use whatever key that is used at bootup to enter the BIOS options (normally these keys are either: F1, F2, F12, or del for most manufacturers) In there you should find something referring to an onboard network interface, card, NIC, etc. You should have a disable option there.

Hope this helps.

Greazy Mcgeezy

Kallamadia

Kallamadia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I can't believe I didn't think of that before.. I kinda feel retarded. Thanks for the help guys...

Kallamadia