Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Long Startup Time

• Please log in to reply

Brainicism

Brainicism

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got my computer last month, and I've noticed a dramatic start up time increase within the last week. Even slower than my 8 year old xp downstairs.

Posted Image

Speccy: http://speccy.pirifo...fgyoXv2Wubw7olj

I run CCleaner occasionally, a full scan with SAS turned up clean, same with MBAM. I'm not sure what the problem is, I only have Avast and IDM running at start up.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Brainicism
As the computer is less than a month old the amount of testing that should be done is minimal to save voiding the warranty.
Your speccy data suggests that there is a problem with the PSU (power supply unit) you can do a comparison with the PSU tolerances table below and see what I mean, we need to get a second reading to see what another software reports;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Brainicism

Brainicism

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't really remember when I got the computer (I suck at keeping time), but I remember it came with a 1 Year Premium Hardware Service if that helps.

Speedfan hasn't given as much info as shown in your picture
Posted Image

EDIT: Downloaded another program that did the same thing.
Posted Image

Edited by Brainicism, 10 September 2011 - 07:11 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the screenshots Brainicism, running HWMonitor to cross reference the results was the next step so well done for that it has saved some time, the voltage readings more or less confirm that the issue may be caused by a bad PSU (most likely) or your MB has issues such as bad sensors (less likely).
Both the +3.3V and the +5.V are very low the +12V rail is marginally off, use the 1 Year Premium Hardware Service that you have paid and have them sort it to protect your investment, you should also tell them what testing you have done, print off the readings to show them if you can, good luck and let us know how you get on.

NB: Also worth mentioning is the 0 core temp was rising even though the computer was doing nothing so keep a check on this also.