Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello4/Blank Screen 2 Advanced help

• Please log in to reply

sicone

sicone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

First, I understand that there are many other topics on this virus, however I'm posting this one because mine seems to have transcended to a higher level (all within the last 24 hours). I'm using a different computer right now because I fear the damage it might cause staying on that one any longer.

I have an HP Laptop, Windows Vista. It's coming up to being 4 years old.

I have run C-Cleaner in Safe mode. Did not work (though it did apparently save me a lot of memory)

S&D would constantly give me warnings. For the most part I couldn't tell whether S&D was actually catching something or just interfering with other anti-virus programs, so I uninstalled it.

I have run MBAM, multiple times, in safe, and out of safe mode, with an updated version as well.

The last time I did a virus check was last week. I had maybe 3 or 4 minor adware stuff. Just yesterday, after I downloaded the lastest MBAM, and ran it in safe mode, I had 56 infections, spread out.

Some were attached to other files, like MSN messenger or Adobe programs, everywhere within the C Drive (not just in the registry like most virus's)

I feel like this virus is basically duplicating itself and going into other real programs.

It has made the computer unbearably slow. Your standard hello4/blank screen 2's are popping up. Folders and programs not responding. It's just an all-around virus orgy nightmare, and despite years of learning how to rid myself of these nuisances, this is one I can't seem to beat and I need some help.

I downloaded some software called Spyware Doctor, but it seems I have to purchase it, and I'm not quite sure if it's worth it.

I'll be checking periodically throughout the day (I don't have access to this computer all the time, it's at a friend's office). You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Advertisements

sicone

sicone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bump!