Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Adapter...what is it?

• Please log in to reply

quicksun

quicksun

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I have a new computer built by CyberPower and when I tried connecting to the Internet I get an error "Install a driver for your Network Adapter, or install a Network Adapter." I assumed that all new computers have a Network Adapter built into them. I also assume I can connect my Ethernet Cable from my old modem to my new computer without going through Comcast to let them know I have a new computer. For my new computer I have Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 chip, 64bit and a EVGA NVIDIA GTX560 2GB video card.
Thanks for any help.
quicksun

Advertisements

pcnut88

pcnut88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The adapter is just the card on your computer that you're plugging the ethernet cable into. Do you have the software/drivers for it? Just install them and it should work fine.

quicksun

quicksun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks pcnut88. After fooling around with my new computer I got it working fine.
quicksun