Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP will not start; no signal to monitor

• Please log in to reply

cdm1035

cdm1035

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Compaq Presario SR 17050 NX using Windows XP PS 3.

After running a Malware program, the computer will not longer boot. It does not send a signal to the monitor. After pressing the on/off button on the computer, I get one log repeating beep, which indicates a memory error. I have tried removing the RAM, but it has had no effect. I have tried booting from the AVG rescue CD to no avail. Since the machine will not start, and does not send any signal to the monitor, it is virtually impossible for me to make any changes in the BIOS. If I disconnect the power supply from the motherboard, the beeping stops. If I disconnect the hard drive, the beeping continues and there is still no signal sent to the monitor and the computer still does not start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisements

cdm1035

cdm1035

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Turned out to be a bad RAM module. The problem is solved. :)