Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Incredimail - Headers but NO body!

• Please log in to reply

JiminSA

JiminSA

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Someone out of his gourd on coke, sabotaged our incredimail email system so that it now displays the header information OK but has not downloaded the body of the email! Consequently when one attempts to look at the email, Internet explorer is invoked and the body of the email is downloaded in html format!
Please, how does one get back to normality?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi JiminSA,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

I apologize for the delay in responding and I'm quite sure you'll find my response on the negative side and not what you want to hear..but here goes.

Incredimail is found to be an undesirable program for the following reasons:

Not many people read the EULA (End User License Agreement), and don't realize that if you are using Incredimail to send emails with new ideas/concepts etc., then Incredimail can claim copyright to your ideas etc. because you assigned them the copyrights when you agreed to use the program by clicking on "I Agree" when you installed it.

10. UNSOLICITED MATERIALS
Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."

Above info found in this discussion here > Incredimail Spyware & Copyright issues? - Windows

Yes, IncrediMail provides amusing, all-singing, all dancing, animated, colored, formatted, flashing, bleeping, blurping emails--- but with the certainty of tons of excess baggage riding along with the email; with the possibility of opening the door to malicious HTML-borne worms, viruses, and such; and with serious questions about who owns the content of the messages you send using their system.

This I found here > IncrediMail Problems = Anything you say or send belongs to them [Archive] - Team Ninja Bulletin Board

As I stated above, I'm sure this is not the response you wanted to see. Maybe one of the other members may have a more positive answer for a solution to your problem. My only suggestion would be to uninstall Incredimail!

Sorry that I was of no help.

Donna :unsure:

Edited by DonnaB, 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM.

JiminSA

JiminSA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks DonnaB, we have reverted to MS email handling and managed to retrieve a lot of emails (in their entirety) from the email server(s). I rather think that the original incredimail problem was invoked to encourage us to upgrade to their paid Software, anyway - so regardless of their fancy graphics, I rather suspect their ethics!

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi JiminSA,

I assumed the culprit was Incredimail. That's how they work. Uninstalling Incredimail was a really good move on your part. If you want more information on the issues and ethics of Incredimail google Incredimail problems. issues, reviews and you'll get a plethora of information. Many consider it spyware/invasion of privacy.

Here's one account:

Incredimail Problems - Urgent!

P.S.: I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed that your computer has gained some speed also.

Donna :)