Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen random shutdown (tcpip.sys problem)...help!

• Please log in to reply

mitchy210

mitchy210

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I keep getting BSOD with error showing as something to do with tcpip.sys. I have attached my mini dump files to see if anyone can help me fix this. Many thanks. Mitch

Attached Files

Edited by mitchy210, 12 September 2011 - 03:16 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please read this previous thread to see if it will help.

http://www.geekstogo...ys-problemhelp/

SRX660

mitchy210

mitchy210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, tahnks for the link. I found the location of the files this thread shows but none of them had the names shown on the thread so I had no idea which ones to reset. Can anyone read my minidump file and tell what I need to do next? I am still getting the BSOD crash nearly every time I am online and I just can't see what is causing it.

Please, please help!!

Regards

Mitch

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Blue screen view shows ntkrnlpa.exe and tcpip.sys with a 0x000000d1 stop error.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Here is the only fix i can find for this error on windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977067

SRX660

mitchy210

mitchy210

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, just to let you know that the hotfix was not compatible on this occasion. But whilst on Microsofts website I tried the Mr fixit centre. It appears that the problem was caused by Chrome trying to load component parts at startup. I disabled some of these parts (can't remember which ones now!!) and fingers crossed I have had not a single crash since 20/09/11.

Thanks again for the advice and pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Mitch