Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrading a dell gx270 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
the router says
ActionTec
Gt704WG

and i tried playing wurm but the game still does not work. i don't know whats wrong.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
DSL connection then. Do you have a little antenna coming out of the back of your computer and one on the router also?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
yes on the router no for computer i have little wireless internet chip

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
hmm think i should unninstall my old INter® graphics drivers?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i have little wireless internet chip

Desktop correct?
Please explain what you mean by wireless chip?
I believe the issue is you are setup for wireless and not wired.
Let me ask is there a cable coming out of the router to the wall?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
nope no wire from wall except power cord
chip = Belking enhanced wireless USB network adapter

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok nvm i got wurm working

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

ok nvm i got wurm working

With wireless and what did you do?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
i turned the graphics on the game to low and it works now with no lag but on low graphics the graphics are not very good.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try going to medium graphics. It sounds like your speed is to slow to get enough streaming to your card on high settings.

Advertisements

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
what streaming to my card?

and how come i can't play the game on high settings? i mean it requries 128mb card and mine is 512mb what did i do wrong? i thought i would be playing high settings no lag you know perfect gameing experience on it?
was it something i did or forgot?

Ooo i think i should mention this when i opened the compter up to put the ram in there were 4 slots all of which had the old ram in it each one had 120 mb of ram so i left 2 in and put the 2 new ones which are 1gb each and the timing for my ram is atm is 333gh so is that ok or should i remove the 2 older ones?

Edited by SethWilliam, 16 February 2012 - 11:16 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The speed of your internet to download the stream at a steady pace is the issue.
That is why I asked what your download speeds were. Those speed are pretty slow with the equipment you have. I think the next step we need to work on is finding out why your speed is so slow. That would mean you need to contact your ISP and have them run a speed test and a signal test on your line.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
so if i fix that then my card will work at full power? and its only my streaming speed thats slow?
so how do i contact my ISP? cuz i don't know what verizon could do? maybe its my router?

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
some people have been telling me that this card can't run wurm at full speed. is this true even though it has way more virtual memory than is requirened for wurm?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

is this true even though it has way more virtual memory than is requirened for wurm?

Virtual memory is not the issue as that has to do with your system memory and not the video card memory. Based on the requirements of Wurm your card is way above that.
I still say contact Verizon and give them your speedtest readings because that is very low. It may be your area that is causing the slowdown also and they may need to replace the router to get you a better speed.