Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrading a dell gx270 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The biggest difference between 32 bit and 64 bit on a OS is the amount of memory it can handle.
A 32 bit OS has a limitation of 3.5 gigs where a 64 bit OS right now can do up to 128 gigs of memory.
32 bit versus 64 bit on a video card is how well the graphics show up. the more bits you get the better the graphics and the higher the resolution.
I nor anyone on any site would be a fool to guarantee the game will run without lag. I have seen gamers spend thousands on a system to be mad because it does not give the FPS it says by 5 or 6 frames.
I'm telling you the specs as long as long you are better then the minimum the game should play.
Another thing to understand is even if you built a brand new system today in less then months it would be out of date. Nobody is going to guarantee what you are asking but only suggest you get your system above the minimum requirements and then you can play the game.
I spent 1800 on my new system less then 2 years ago and the month after I bought everything there was a newer video card that came out with more memory and faster graphics. :)
Either upgrade the video card and the system memory or consider building a new system or buying a branded system. The budget of a better system complete can be between 550 and 1500 depending on everything you want.

Advertisements

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
yes but i will still buy this computer you showed.
but im just saying isnt' the processor low? and how can a 90W power supply fuel a good graphjics card?

so yes it will run the game on high settings thoug right?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where do you see 90 watt PSU on the system I linked to?

Power Supply Type: 100V-240V

Remember this is a All In One system so everything is included. The screen is also the computer.
Yes the CPU in black and white seems slower but it is a new CPU so it is actually faster.
Most 32 bit software will run on a 64 bit OS and if not there will be the compatibility mode you can use to make it run correctly.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
and all games work the same on a 32bit and 64bit? their aren't 2 separate types of games for eadch version are their?

and last of all since its a ALL IN ONE can i stiill upgrade parts of the computer like the graphics card and add more ram etc...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not all 32 bit apps will work but Win7 pro will have the compatibility option for those that won't run.

Being a all in one you will be able to replace memory and the hard drive but I don't think the graphics will be replaceable since it is built onboard. Seeing that the system is basically built into a monitor there wouldn't be room to upgrade the video card to a add on card.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok thanks guess ill buy it as long as it runs games at agood rate.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The specs on the system are superior to what the game requires.
Remember the DirectX will be newer, more memory, more free space on the hard drive, newer graphics card with more video memory and a newer CPU. All this combined plus a system that takes up less room and is brand new rather then buying a used system.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
alright thanks for your help really i don't know what i can do to repay you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Play the game with no problems. :)

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
lol thanks for ur help and good luck helping others. :)

Advertisements

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok ssrry for asking another question but i got the game working on the lowest of the lowest graphics and frame rate but it still lags a little in large areas.
so i was playing today and the game froze... then the screen went black and a error message popped up and said something about the driver not being able to work properly or something and then the screen came back on everything was larger like zoomed in on my screen and the colors of everything was all messed up.
so i turned off my computer and its all back to normal. so what happened?

and i found a free computer at my school taht i am getting tomorrow :) not a good computer its old but still its free :yes:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Most likely even on the lowest settings your video card is stressing and that is most likely what caused it to crash.
When it finally came back then everything is set even lower and a reboot straightened everything out.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
so if i keep this up will it potentially fry my graphics card or some other component on my computer?

and i think isaid i got a free computer from my school well its really old and imean the big kind of monitor and everyting. and whats worse is they didn't even give me a power cord!!!!

so guess ill just save up for that new computer u posted.

and since were bringing that up i was wondeirng if you could find one with similar specs but its not a all in one and it has a better cpu. otherwise guess ill just stick with it. cause i like to upgrade my pc so i would like to have a normal desktop not a all in one.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This one HERE is even better then my sons that I built last Christmas with the same case, motherboard and OS. He plays WOW with no problem.
Now you will need a Monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. As you can see the base system is 500 and the other stuff will probably add another 150 to 200 to the price.

This one HERE has a keyboard and mouse included. You would still need a monitor and speakers which would add at least another 100 to the price.

This one HERE is looking like the best so far with the keyboard and mouse included. Again adding a monitor and speakers you would be looking at least another 100 dollars depending on the monitor and speakers you choose. The issue with this system is it doesn't seem to get very good reviews.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
wow so expensive...

isnt their a website where i can find really cheap comoputers? they don't have to be very good just better than my current system or not even that i just want a computer that i can call mine. because right now im using my moms and she won't let me upgrade it or anything :) so thats been the whole point of me trying to buy a new one to play MY games. btw that last one you posted here
i noticed it has good specs and everyting its fairly cheap but why did it get bad reviews? i don't want to buy a computer that i will have trouble with sooo. would you recomend that one.

Edited by SethWilliam, 13 October 2011 - 08:44 PM.