Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with self built computer.

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Grrrr :)
OK then we need to look at the events and see if you can find one about the time the last issue happened.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

Method One

• Go to
• Start
• In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
• From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two

• Go to Start
• Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
• Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
• On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
• Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
• If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
• Please include that in your next reply.

Advertisements

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
it says there are a lot of errors from the source WMI.

here is one of them.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 9/25/2011 12:53:30 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: AaronJohnson-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-09-25T05:53:30.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1409</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>AaronJohnson-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok this is coming from Win7 itself so I would like you to do the following.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 9/25/2011 11:11:52 PM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: AaronJohnson-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-09-26T04:11:52.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1676</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>AaronJohnson-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Not sure if this is the same thing, but it JUST happened. So I know this is the issue.

Looks to be the same problem as above.

Edited by corbek, 25 September 2011 - 11:16 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did this happen while running SFC or when exactly?

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
ummm, it says that it didn't find any errors.

Attached Thumbnails

• results.png

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Thanks, I have Daemon tools to do the writing though. Seriously, thank you for sticking with this for so long and helping me out. It's not that I couldn't figure it out, it's that it would take days, maybe weeks and I need this for school work and entertainment.

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
It says to use the windows version of the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. That specific one is ran through windows 7 and does not require a bootable disk/floppy, it is just run in windows 7. Is that okay, or should I try one of the ones that are bootable?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No you don't want the windows version. You need to run it outside of windows before windows even initializes. This takes out any variables with the OS running. :)

Advertisements

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Well, I did run the windows version, and it passed, but tonight I will get the file onto a dvd and then boot from it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it probably will pass that also but I just want to make sure we are not overlooking anything before going on to the next steps. :)

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
So, I put the disk in and let it initialize. When it gets to the screen where I choose the device or whatever, it says that it did not detect any : /

Not sure what, or if, I did anything wrong. I chose this file Western Digital Caviar Black Data Lifegard Diagnostic for DOS. Then I burnt the image onto a DVD+RW disc. Is it the disc that I used, should I only use a CD or a certain type, for example should I have used - instead of plus, or maybe it was the burn rate that I did it at. I am fairly certain that stuff should not affect the outcome, but you may know better.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Strange as it reads it in Windows but not outside of Windows.

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Agreed. Now what lol?