Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop becomes very slow (~100% CPU use) after plugging in

• Please log in to reply

friend2013

friend2013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey toast
hope u doin gud
n thanks alot bussy
i had the same problem in my hp probook 4520 n i did exactly as u told
n thank God my problem has been solved
accept my gratitude
n others
u can try it
it worked for me
regards

Advertisements

boogeymk

boogeymk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

hey toast
hope u doin gud
n thanks alot bussy
i had the same problem in my hp probook 4520 n i did exactly as u told
n thank God my problem has been solved
accept my gratitude
n others
u can try it
it worked for me
regards

Please someone explain me, how to edit and save SECURITY EVENT LOG because I tried but couldn't solve it.
Please I need to solve this problem as soon as possible.
btw: Very good forum!

kofmzc

kofmzc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Its a Hardware problem, change your battery and all will be fine. :cool: I have tried almost every solution available over the internet, but all in vain. Then I changed the battery and now life is at peace.

boogeymk

boogeymk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for replying to my post, but I still think that its software I found one solution, for temporarily.
This is the solution.
First Step: TURN ON the computer, wait until it start ( i know that this will be really slow) When computer starts and it on desktop, we're on the next step.
Second Step: Go to START then SLEEP. After that wait the computer until it TURN OF. Ok now when the computer is turned off, turn it on again and choose your use and everything will be fine your laptop now should work normaly.

But I dont want to work on that way, I want everything to be normal, that's why I'm asking someone to explain me better the previous solution from the member Brian_Toast.

Hope that my post will helpto someone, and someone will help me too

Thanks,
Stojan

Edurardou

Edurardou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had same problem..
and i think that problem is in battery
I just buy new one and wow! my laptop work perfectly =)
problem is gone

NaveenKumar

NaveenKumar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I WAS ALSO HAD BEEN SUFFERING WITH THE SAME PROBLEM FOR MY DELL LATITUDE D620 LAPTOP BUT GOT RESOLVED AFTER DOING SO MANY THINGS. I DID IT IN 2 STEPS.

1) REPLACED MY OLD BATTERY

2) UPDATED BIOS AND CHIPSET DRIVERS

Thomasx

Thomasx

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi

I see this is an old thread, but still useful. It seems I have the same problem. Came to the conclusion it is caused by the battery, as the computer is not running slow when the battery is out. Then I found this thread once I knew what to search for :)

I have an HP Elitebook 8560W

Would be interesting to know though exactly why this happens, what issues with the battery, or batterymanagement, is causing this?

As it does affect the CPU load, it seems to be connected to software as well, one way or another. 

Considering the amount of people and variety of computers just in this thread, this is something that HP is aware of for sure!