Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lag in online game

• Please log in to reply

diedis

diedis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi guys. i have some problem and dont know where is it . i am playing lineage2 and 2 weeks later i started to feel heavy lag. it was 5 minutes lag and hour normal game. now its 5 and 5 minutes. my girlfriend is on same router but using wireless its ok for here. i tried scan with avg some malvare removal, used rkill no changes. anyone has any suggestions for me ? pls

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Hello diedis,

Not sure that is necessarily a malware issue, but let's go ahead and check anyway.

If the system is Vista/Windows7, when running any of the scan files we use, be sure to right click the file, then select "Run as administrator" to start the scan/tool.

And To make sure you have an accurate view of files there, make sure you can View Hidden Files. Also uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs. Here are some antivirus disable tips if needed.

------------------

Click here and download OldTimer's OTL to your desktop, then click that to open the scan display. At the top click "Scan All Users", then click "Run Scan". Make no other changes at this time.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are also saved in the same location as OTL.exe. Post the contents of those back here please.

-----------

Click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (again, before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.

Note - If Gmer shows it has located infection once it's opening scan completes, do not click the Scan button. We don't want hidden malware settings to cause any problems. Instead, just click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.

-----------

Download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Decline a download of avast itself if offered
  • If avast! antivirus is already installed, go to the dropdown next to AV engine: and select (none)
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

A lot, but comprehensive, and will make sure we get a good view of everything.

diedis

diedis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you a lot.but friend offered me try to clean dusts from inside pc :). and it helped. but thank you for reply anyway. ill keep that for future

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Thanks for taking the time to post back the update. Be well.