Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hacking

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok i have always wanted to know what hacking is...

like in fallout 3 hacking is where their are alot of words on a screen and you have to choose the right one to open the computer. other games its just random things. so can some1 explain to me what hacking is. and is it always used for bad things like hacking banks etc...

ps: how do i delete this topic so i can join GeekU?

Edited by SethWilliam, 14 September 2011 - 03:18 PM.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
http://en.wikipedia....i/Hacker_(term)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
This one is also interesting: White Hat

http://en.wikipedia....mputer_security)

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok so how do i delete this topic?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You need to contact a Administrator and ask them as we do not normally delete topics in any sub-forum.
They will have to determine if the topic should be deleted. Good luck with your issue.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I don't see why you have to have this topic deleted to join GeekU. Hacking is a very real threat to today's computing landscape and if you don't know what it is, how can you be prepared to defend against it?

There is lots of readily-available information (on good websites) so read up, I would think a healthy knowledge would go hand-in-hand with GeekU training.

Now if you were asking "how do I hack someone else's computer" then that would be a problem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Google is your friend to learn what hacking is.
Some companies actually hire so called good hackers to help them find vulnerabilities in their software so they can fix them.
Bad hackers will steal your passwords, bank account info and assorted other things.
If you want to learn try as Troy and Stettybet have suggested and spend some time reading about them. We won't help with any type of suggestions on how it is done or help you do it. If you want to learn about what it is the best advice we can give is to research it online.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
yes well could you at least post some good websites :) cause i don't want to go to any infected sites which is why im asking here instead of searching.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Post 2 and 3 both have excellent articles on this topic.
here is one I find called Ethics In Computing