Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

Shad Kowaleski

Shad Kowaleski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed xp and am getting no sound at all. Audio device on high def bus is coming up question mark in device mgr. Tried to download realtek, doesn't work. Says it doesn't recognize anything. and I tried the update wizard but because I don't have the rom it wont search internet. Not sure how to solve this riddle and I am super frustrated. Please help. Also SM bus controller is ? in device mgr.

• 34,114 posts
We need system specs to help.
Laptop or Desktop
Name brand and if so what brand, make and model
If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
Is your XP 32 or 64 bit?
The Sm bus controller is part of the motherboard chipset driver depending on the system.
The Sound driver will be from the manufacturer of either the motherboard or the system if it is branded.
Include the above info and I will try to hep you find all the needed drivers. :)