Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Although I use Ad-Aware twice a week, I keep getting a "Not Responding" message after a few minutes on IE. I am thankful for Mozilla Firerfox, but wonder why the IE acts as it does. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi hkkippy. Welcome to Geeks to Go. It is good you are using Ad-Aware. I would suggest using Spybot as well. Once you download it and get their updates, run the "immunize" option. It offers some protection from a multitude of known malware risks for IE and Firefox as well. As to why IE sometimes gives a "no reponse" message, could be lots of things. It is interesting that you can get there with Firefox, which is better because it is not as frequently victimized by malware, and unless you have some compelling reason to use IE I wouldn't spend much time on this.

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks austin o. I'll let you know how things go. Much obliged.

m2zt

m2zt

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I use to have this problem with ie
i would always get that msg when i tried to download anyhting
i fixed it by disabling pblockhelper class

to get rid of it goto tools internet options programs manage add ons and disable it if its their

that might help u

hkkippy

hkkippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you m2zt. I appreciate your help.