Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

First time building a PC... needing some assistance please!

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Josh Wright

One of the best sites for in-depth reviews, although obviously not all are dealt with is
http://benchmarkrevi...d=449&Itemid=61

This is the one for the original case. Mainly tool-less installation of the components, although the conventional method can be used.
It does provide a cable management system of sorts, although if you read the review, you will see immediately the concerns raised by other people who have contributed.

You will see that the Cooler Master is also reviewed.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
If you are using a high end PSU, with heaps of cables and non modular, together with a less expensive cases, it is often a challenge to get the best airflow.
Go back to this page, http://www.newegg.co...6^11-129-066-TS and get the HAF 922 or the Antec Nine Hundred. Both have plenty of room, very good cable management and top notch cooling.

I do not have shares!! Posted Image

Josh Wright

Josh Wright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay i believe I have it sorted out! Thanks a lot for all your help guys! You're life savers! I'll stop by again if I'm having any issues setting it up, although I've been following that guide from MacBoatMaster and looking up tons of tutorials on Youtube :)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts
OK, good luck.

Take your time building, if not sure of anything, post.

Things to watch out for.

Turn off the power whenever working on the PC and take anti static measures even when handling parts not attached to the computer.
Change the I/O shield in the case for the one supplied with the Mobo.
Your case may come with the stand offs already installed, make sure that they match EXACTLY the screw holes in the Mobo, NO extra ones and NO missing ones.
Connect 2 power cable to the Mobo, 1 x 20-4 pin and 1 x 4-8 pin.
Ensure all components are securely seated and any locking mechanisms are closed.