Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am an administrator on my computer, but I cannot encrypt my files.

• Please log in to reply

egw11

egw11

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer says I am the administrator but when I went to delete a folder it says I couldn't because I was not the administrator. I am the administrator though.. Can someone tell me whats wrong.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Your topic says "I am an administrator on my computer, but I cannot encrypt my files" but you're problem seems to be with deleting folders. If so, what folders are you trying to delete? Please provide the full path to the folder.

egw11

egw11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I would like to encrypt a folder. I right click on it, go to properties and then advanced. There is an option to encrypt the folder but I can not click on it. If I am the administrator.. which I am because I'm the only person who uses this laptop, shouldn't I be able to encrypt it? The folder I was able to delete the other folder once I restarted my computer so that is no longer an issue.

Thank you for your help!!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What folder are you trying to encrypt? What is it's full path?