Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Email Account from Outlook2010

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Good Morning Everyone,

My o/s is Windows 7. My virtual job was terminated and I had using Outlook 2010 to send and receive email. Now that the job has ended, I wish to delete that email account from my laptop and receive my gmail through it. It hasnt been giving me the option to delete the data file on the account I wish to remove and I have even gone so far as to delete Outlook and reinstall, but that account keeps reappearing as if I've done nothing. Can someone please help me with this.

Thanking you in advance.

TB

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

With Outlook closed, open up the Mail applet from the Control Panel. Choose "Show Profiles", then add a new profile and configure it with your Gmail settings. Then once this is saved, set the new Profile to be default and delete the old Profile.

Cheers.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Thanks Troy!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts