Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Printer help

• Please log in to reply

muhib1996

muhib1996

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I have a HP Officejet Printer J3600 Series. Now a days, when I try to print, it says "Papaer Jam: Please clear Jam and press OK." or, "Carriage Jam: Please clear....", or, "Cartridge Jam: Please clear....".
What to do? I press ok, open the cartridge door, replace the cartridges but nothing happens. The same problem happens again and again. How can I fix this?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Sorry you have waited longer than we would have liked for a reply.
Occasionally due to the vast number of posts on GeekstoGo, one does get overlooked.

Try all of this first please
http://h20000.www2.h...ectID=c01124440

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
sadman 1996

It is now some 9 days since you asked for help and 4 days since I replied.
Do you still require help.
Please be kind enough to update your thread indicating the current situation.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 24 September 2011 - 06:57 PM.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Oh. Sorry, Actually I didn't know that I have upadate the thread. Anyway the link you gave, there are a lot of steps as well as lot of solutions. I am trying them one by one, none of them helped me yet. I will inform when I become successful.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well if you do not update the thread we do not know if our suggestion worked or NOT.
Therefore of course we are left in mid-air and cannot know if further help is required.
Additionally it is of course nice to acknowledge the reply, even if the suggestion has been unsuccessful.

That all said the most certain progress now to be made, is to connect that printer to another computer and see if it works there.
That is of course the most positive and certain way of eliminating or confirming a printer error.

I strongly suspect that you have either a cartridge not properly seated or, if you have small children and the printer is readily accessible is there any chance one of them has dropped something extremely small into the printer paper feed aperture. I recently solved a similar problem on a neighbours printer and the cause turned out to be a very small piece of torn sweet wrapper.

If it was a driver issue I would suspect that the fault error would indicate differently to this.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 September 2011 - 08:03 AM.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
No. I searched for torn papers, cartridges everything. All of them are right. Even I tried almost all the HP Solutions but none of them helped. You are right, I will try to check it in another computer as soon as possible. THANKS.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks for replying, I think that is possibly the easiest solution to ascertaining the cause. Printer fault I opine.
It is I think I remember, a printer scanner, copier.
Do you have the same error using it as a copier.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I can't start COPYING. Actually, I never used this feature before. When I press COPY button, some settings appears (like Print Quality, Number of copies, Page Size etc), I select them and go further but nothing happens, the process repeats. I mean the settings appears again and again..... :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
If you DO NOT have the manual I can only suggest that you go back to the link I provided and on the left hand colume of the page download the manual
OR to save you the problem of sorting that out here is the direct link
http://bizsupport1.a...6/c01181836.pdf

Then find the instructions for copying.
If that does not work. Then you need to proceed as before with the connection to another computer.
From what you ahve told me up to now, I suspect an actual printer fault, rather than any software issue of the driver or the printers setup.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Ok. I will downlaod the PDF file. But please note that, there was no driver CD with the printer for Win7. I downloaded and installed it externally.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I was only suggesting that you download the manual so that you can see exactly how to copy, print test page etc.

muhib1996

muhib1996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yes, the same error appears while copying. But after trying again and again, I sometimes become successful to copy/print a page. Suppose, If I try 50 times in a day, I may be successful only 1 time. So it can be said that, sometimes the printer works properly and that's why I think the error is a fake message.