Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc is slow /unresponsive scripts error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Why you didn't mention your machine is overclocked? Cause of your problems is probably unstable overclock.
I would go with BIOS reset to default settings.

Advertisements

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I thought i mentioned it earlier(maybe not), it took me a long time to figure out how to overclock, and lots of testing/posts from a forum. Its been overclocked since the begining 2yrs now. I didnt push anything, just bumped it to 4.0. from 3.3 i believe. Thats for a shooting game, which has no problems when i play. Also these issues, happend when i started upgrading FF, and IE, and visually losing plug ins. System shutdown when only watching you tube. Im not sure how to reset it, and would hate to do it, but if u think that is causing the issue, or a possibility, i can work on this. But also i am convinced if there is an issue with my oc settings, it must be a hardware issue. Cuz like i said i didnt push anything at all, actually was easy on it, and have been runnin it like that ever since, with no issues.

Edited by sicilian, 07 October 2011 - 11:21 AM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Well... If you have problems then first thing is to change overclocked values to default to eliminate one possible cause.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
okay, im with ya, just trying to get the guy who helped me oc this pc. Im not sure what the procedure is, and i believe since my pc is custom some changes in Bios were necessary due to manufacterers spec. - So it gets a little tricky for me. I will figure this out asap.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
hello Render. Im having some issues, ive been up many nights trying to fix. My pc started going into the blue screen ever since we tried fixing it. Is there anyway you can double check this thread and make sure everything was done correctly? Ive never had the blue screen before, but i get it a couple times a day now, and many freezes, till i hard reboot?

Edited by sicilian, 17 October 2011 - 04:39 PM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

You are having problems with a fresh reinstalled OS?

You already changed overclocked settings to the default ones?

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Yes i changed the bios to optimized default. The new OS is going into blue screen/freeze mode a lot. Probably 3-4x a day, since i put it in.

Just an update here. After the new OS was installed, i realized i had some issues still that i needed to deal with. The .net framework was messed up. I think i mentioned that here. For firefox in my extentsions it said Framework Assistant 0.0.0. Well i went to IE add remove programs to find net framework 1.1 had no size. So i removed it. Then when i restarted i had a bunch of updates for the newer versions of .net framework, like it updated all of em. Finally installed the correct version in firefox, Seemed a little better, but not totally. I also had a damaged active x in downloaded programs, which said from adobe. Which was my other issue about not getting the flash player to show up in IE manage add ons, or Firefox extensions, and after removing the damaged program, it didnt replace itself and i still cant get adobe to show up.

So far its shut down to the blue screen a few times a day. I did find an address im not sure where, just found it in my notes from the many nights working on this, with little knowledge. I got the blue screen as probably shown here in a screenshot of BSOD from an earlier post it said STOP: address 0x0000008e unknown. I think this may be the address to the "IMAPI cd burning service" im not sure what this is, but maybe my issue, or part of it.

Only seems to shut down in IE and Chrome.

Edited by sicilian, 19 October 2011 - 06:01 PM.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
almost forgot to mention. The new os might have been installed with .net messed up, and possibly something else? I dunno, just what i figured since it was bad.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

If you installed fresh OS then I would exclude malware problem.

Please make a new thread about your problems in hardware or software forums as these problems is beyond my scope. I think it's a hardware problem, but I'm not sure.

Advertisements

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
okay. Thank You Render. I appreciate your time and help.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
You are welcome.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.