Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc is slow /unresponsive scripts error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
hello, sorry bout that. Im having issues with Firefox again. Now it seems to just run, and i cant shut the pc down unless i terminate the process. Then warns me if i try to end it, that it could harm files, etc... I dont have any open windows but its saying i do?

Edited by sicilian, 27 September 2011 - 09:21 PM.

Advertisements

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I have restarted my pc, then went to error console in mozilla from the tools section, not knowing if it helps. Here are 3 screenshots of logs from the error console. Errors, warnings, and messages.

Attached Thumbnails

• gtg error log.png
  • gtg warning log.png
  • gtg message from error console.png

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Open FF and Add-ins. Is there listed Ask Toolbar?

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Well, i opened ff, went to tools>add ons, and it brought me to "get add ons". Im not to familiar with add ons. I do have "Microsoft.net Framework Assistant 0.0.0 in my extensions(0.0.0?). I thought this was considered an add on? Other then that it seems like its asking me to start the add-on procedure.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. Now go to this site here and scroll down to Method 2: Remove the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox and follow instructions there to remove it.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
okay, thank you for the fix. Im getting a buddy to stop over and help me with the registry, im a little confused, with the directions from the link, and dont wanna mess anything up. I will post a new reply when completed.

Edited by sicilian, 29 September 2011 - 11:28 AM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Ok.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I cannot do the step below. The general.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet is not there? I have already done step 1 and deleted the registry key. I was hoping i could have restored the key from the recy. bin, but its not there. So now im stuck with not doing this whole procedure. I would continue to the next step but the one step im missing is to reset it. So i dont wanna mess nothing up, by not resetting it. The only thing close is general.useragent.compatmode and general.useragent.locale

2.In the Firefox user agent, reset the changes that you made in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:
•Start Firefox, type about:config in the Firefox address bar.
•Scroll down or use Filter to find the following preference item:
general.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet•Right-click this item, and then click Reset.
•Restart Firefox

Edited by sicilian, 29 September 2011 - 06:45 PM.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
okay skipped that part and continued on. So far seems like its gone. :)

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK.

Advertisements

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
okay Render. I completed your post here My link

1 more thing i noticed, is that i removed microsoft essentials a few weeks back, but windows security says its turned off? I removed it by the Add/remove programs. Thank you for all your time. I really appreciate it. :)

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
What antivirus are you currently using?

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i dont have 1 atm, i was gonna look around see what is the best, free, and simple antivirus also 1 that uses less of your pc. But not till i fix some of these issues. I also noticed that i have no option in IE to change the internet security zones to the default value. I know i had it last week, from setting them to default.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts

I also noticed that i have no option in IE to change the internet security zones to the default value. I know i had it last week, from setting them to default.

You are talking about that settings below?

Posted Image

I also don't recommend tu run your computer without antivirus program. Please choose one of AV's below, download it and install it.

I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials as I'm using it and am happy with it.

sicilian

sicilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
yes, thats it, but it maybe its because they are already at default? Also, i was getting some encryption security error, for weeks everywhere i went,including just typing into a search bar, and my plugin.exe, is using and draining my pc i think. Theres still something going on. Also Framework plug in that i got rid of is back and still says Framework 0.0.0. So i started with my mouse cuz that was the last thing i remember upgrading, i uninstalled it, and so far no security issue.

I dont mind installing any antivirus program Render. My problem is when they dont wanna uninstall, such as microsoft essentials. That could be another reason my pc is acting up. I tried to uninstall it, but it still is in my system somewhere. I gotta get rid of this before i add another.

Edited by sicilian, 03 October 2011 - 10:02 PM.