Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Boot Manufacturers Repair Environment.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

inlineadam

inlineadam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone, i have come here because my laptop is officially driving me nuts.

To get to the point, basically it's been freezing and things and so i'm trying to re-install things.

The Laptop ( Advent Roma 3000 ) came with a built in, manufacturers repair environment. In this environment you have several options, such as start-up repair, restore etc. It also had an option " Re-install windows ". It is in this environment you access " re-install windows " where you can advance to re-install windows using the built in environment.

However, here's the problem. For some reason, when i go to boot the manufacturers repair environment, i seem to get the standard windows one which doesn't have the option to re-install windows. I haven't a clue why it has dissapeared as i have used it before. Before anyone tells me to " hit F8, repair computer, choose language" etc, i know how i SHOULD be getting to the option to re-install.

The problem is, it's not there! It has vanished off the face of the earth and been replaced with a standard windows environment which is as useless as a broken toaster when you want to make toast.

My question is, how on earth can i get the old environment back so that i can have the option to re-install windows?

- Computer came with no CD's what so ever, as any re-installs are supposed to be done using this environment that i can't seem to access.

So thanks for reading that rabble and rant, and i dearly hope that anyone can offer some assistance :)

Adam.

Edited by inlineadam, 17 September 2011 - 05:20 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi inlineadam.

Welcome to Geeks To Go! :)

I see that you have posted the exact same question at Tech Support Guy, and have been working on this since yesterday at the Windows 7 forum and received several replies there. Seems to me they are working very hard as a team to get your problem resolved. Please be aware that everyone who helps at these forums is volunteering their time; asking for help at multiple forums may take help from someone else who needs it, as well as wasting the time of the person helping you.. Also, you could be receiving assistance at multiple sites without the knowledge of the other helpers, and it can complicate matters when people are offering advice without being aware of other suggestions you may be trying. I would suggest you follow through with their help. I realize how frustrating this situation is for you. If you feel that you have been advised unfairly please PM an Administrator in the list here. I would personally choose Sari or ScHwErV. They are available more so then the others for a faster reply.

This is not personal and I do apologize if you are disappointed in my response.

Donna :unsure:

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
inlineadam since you are currently being assisted elsewhere I am closing this topic. I suggest you pick one forum and stick with that and inform the other you are/ask for the topic to be closed as a common courtesy...

If in the event you choose not to either heed/seek the advice in the other forums and wish for assistance here in Geeks to Go instead still ask for those topics to be closed and merely contact myself(private message) about such and I will gladly re-open this topic for you, thank you. :)