Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer starts beeping after awhile its charging

• Please log in to reply

jessicatena

jessicatena

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, well I have this problem with my Gateway laptop NV59.
The computer had always been ok but then the original charger broke (the cord got broken after a year of use) so I got a charger that's supposed to be Acer's original charger and it worked the first night then the next day after a while it would start making noises like beeps and it got plugged and unplugged itself (I could see in the task bar it wasn't charging then it was and then it wasn't on and off) without even moving the computer or the charger, so I went to the store and got another charger, same model just another device last monday 12nd and it had been working well till yesterday it started making these noises but less often and tonight while i was watching a movie it happened again, it started beeping (it's the same noise it used to make when u plug/unplug the charger from the computer) and it stops/starts charging.

I don't really know what could be wrong with my computer, because it happens after awhile, not right after u plug it and i've already changed charger and it happens again.

I'm scared and I dont know what to do anymore, has anyone else had this problem before or knows what i'm talking about?

Please, please help me. Thank you so much in advance

* I checked voltage in both chargers and it's the same

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi jessicatena :)
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your laptop.
If you havn`t already try removing the main battery, connecting the AC adapter only and then powering up, does the laptop operate normally, any beeps at all?
Two chargers, one battery and same issue may suggest a problem with the battery.