Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major problems programming a Ubiquiti PicoStation 2 as AccessPoint/Rou

• Please log in to reply

Graham Castledine

Graham Castledine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System setup: This is part of my motorsport timing system for displaying "Live timing results" to any pitcrews' laptops via wireless.
The Picostation2 LAN port is connected via Cat5e to the TP-Link Router WAN port and port 7 is connected to a Dell Laptop. The IP address of the Dell is forwarded to the WAN port.

The Dell runs a program displaying the live Lap Times and VNC Server for external connections to receive/display the LapTimes using a web browser and a log-in step

The problem I have is due to electrical storm damage I have fitted a new PicoStation and have not been able to get an external connection through the PicoStation to display the results on the remote laptops.

Laptops connect to the WLAN "Timing" but when using the connect instruction for VNC http://10.0.0.1:5800 it fails.

Pinging the LAN port (10.0.0.2) of the PicoStation gives a response "Reply from 10.0.0.118: Destination host unreachable."

The WLAN DHCP is working - Have tried using NAT, Port forward within the settings of the PicoStation with Nil success.

Any suggestions with the set up of the PicoStation 2 would be greatly appreciated - If I cannot fix the problem the circuit owners want me to remove it

PicoStation2 Settings:
Wireless Mode = Access Point
SSID = Timing
RF Channel = 6 - 2437 MHz
Security - none
Network Mode = Router
WLAN Address= 10.0.0.3 Netmask 255.0.0.0
DHCP enabled. Range 10.0.0.100 to 10.0.0.140: Netmask 255.0.0.0
LAN Address = Static; 10.0.0.2/24

TP-Link Router TL-R860
WAN Port = 10.0.0.1/24

DELL laptop
LAN Address = 192.168.0.60/24 Port forwared (Virtual Server) to WAN port in the Router

Advertisements