Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Viewing e-mail attachments

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
When I receive an email with an attachment and I click the icon showing the attachment my system runs a virus check and then asks whether I want to download it. I say YES and it gets downloaded to c:\downloads.

To view the attachment I open C:\downloads and click on the attachment’s name (that I have to remember).

That seems clunky to me. Isn’t there a way to view the attachment simply by clicking (or double clicking) the icon at the top of the email message?

FWIW: I am using a pc with XP, Firefox, and Yahoo mail.

Thanks.

Advertisements

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi batpark,

You could just double click the file you just downloaded in the downloads tab or window. You can access it by pressing Ctrl+J and just double click the file, in your case the image file and it would open in your default program.

Regards,

Bob

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Thank you Bob. ...  batpark