Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Video Only Audio. All Video Files. All Players

• Please log in to reply

Nathanial J Ingram

Nathanial J Ingram

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi There,

I have a strange problem. I was watching a movie a week ago using VLC player. I fell asleep and woke up hours later and the laptop had shut its self down. Since then any video file that is not internet based and any player I use will only play the audio stream. I know it's not a codec prob.
When I try VLC player a small yellow warning triangle appears in the systray/taskbar. If I try to get info from the icon there's nothing there ie no info comes up. I know this usually suggests that I have low memory but that is also not the case I have over 50 gb free space. I have also increased my virtual memory. I have turned off hardware acceleration, deleted all players except for WMP 11 and I have checked that the overlay is turned off, still no sound. I've essentially tried to solve this myself for the last week and tried everything I've found but nothing has worked. I have uninstalled my monitor device, I've looked in device manager and there are no warning signs, I've done full virus scans, disk check and have done a system restore to days before

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 running xp service pack 3, my monitor device is an ATI Raedon Express 1150. I do not have the catalyst control centre installed as I tried installing it but it made no difference. Please help me Obe Wan, you're my only hope.

Many Thanks

Natt

Advertisements