Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OpenCloud Security Virus - Help Removing!

• Please log in to reply

wisdom77

wisdom77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I put in the activation code that disables the annoying pop ups and removes the shortcut from my task bar. however, smart staff says i need to pay $119 to have them remove it because it is embedded into the hard drive and no software can remove it from my computer. Is this true??? I don't know what to do but I don't have $119 to have it removed completely. I'm a single mom and I go to school online. I need an honest answer please. I have Windows XP 2003 operating system and a Presario 2000 Compaq laptop. I'm using Firefox as my browser.

Advertisements

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts
Hello wisdom77 and welcome to GeeksToGo :)

I'm GLeobas and I'm going to help you fix your problem.

Please note that I'm currently in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert before I reply.
  • Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
  • Please do not try to fix anything without being asked
  • I suggest you print or save any instructions I give you for easy reference. We may be using Safe mode and you will not always be able to access this thread.
  • I am currently reviewing your logs.

Edited by GLeobas, 20 September 2011 - 06:44 PM.

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts
Hi,

Please, follow those steps in the topic Malware and Spyware cleaning guide. At the end, post the log.

PS: Before you running OTL.exe, select the checkbox:

Extra Registry

• Use SafeList
PS[2]: Don't create a new topic, post your messages in this topic.
PS[3]: Don't forget to post the Extras.txt log together with OTL.txt

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts
Hi,

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • In Extra Registry, select Use SafeList
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    msconfig
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemdrive%\drivers\*.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.* /90
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.*
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    /md5stop
    C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic